Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kindergarten Visit








Our apartment is adjacent to a pre-school. Children often attend this school for three years, including their kindergarten year. Our bathroom window looks out at their playground; at 8:30 a.m., classes of children do their morning exercises there. Jim and I have watched them many a day.

Last week, we got a chance to visit the kindergarten in person. We visited several classrooms. We sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Happy Birthday" to a boy celebrating his birthday.

I was struck by their drawings. Sorry Nick and Emily, but I recall many drawings my children did at this age, and often members of our family would be missing a head or leg. But, their drawings seem to be quite precise. (And, I love the dark hair on all the children.)

Our students enjoyed the opportunity to play; I know Marty really got into it.
(Connie)

No comments: